Trader Information

Certification procedure - Sublicensing - Certification Body - Certified Traders

Certification Chart

Certification procedure

  1. The CANplus™ & ENplus® certification programs are managed by WPAC. Both standards are identical. This means that the certification Audits for both CANplus™ & ENplus® can be done simultaneously in order that producer may receive both certifications at once.

  2. WPAC appointed Control Union Canada as the Certification Body for CANplus™ & ENplus®.

  3. Select an approved inspection body (see below) and an approved Testing body (see below) and sign an inspection/testing contract for annual production control.

  4. Download and fill in the application form. There are forms for producers, traders and service providers as well as data sheets for plants, vehicles, bagging stations, remote pellet store, service providers and affiliated companies.

  5. Please submit the completed forms to and send 2 signed copies by post mail to WPAC Certification office:
    WPAC Certifications
    #103 – 173 Forester Street
    North Vancouver, V7H 0A6, BC, Canada

  6. In case of pellet producers and traders with bagging station, the inspection body will perform an initial inspection. Regular traders will be inspected during the first year of certification.

  7. If your company fulfills the requirements for certification, you will receive an invoice for the license fees for the on-going year.

  8. After your payment, you will receive the certification seal, the certificate and the countersigned license contract.


Sublicensing can be used to allow “paper trading” of bulk pellets without the need for the “paper trader” to be certified. A “paper trader” must not have any physical contact with the pellets or any contract with a service provider who has physical contact with the pellets. This could either be brokers in business-to-business-trade or retail traders working exclusively for one Certified Trader. Sublicensed traders are allowed to sell certified pellets in bulk if a Sublicense Contract is in place. That contract must be signed by both the sublicense trader and the Certified Trader and grants the right to use the Certification Seal of the Certified Trader. The International Management needs to be informed of this within 2 weeks of the contract being made.

The basic principle is that all the physical handling of the pellets shall be performed by Certified Companies. It is mandatory that the non-certified trader does not own technical equipment for wood pellets such as storage sites and delivery vehicles and does not employ any service provider to carry out such tasks.

Certification Body

The certification body is responsible for checking all relevant documents (most notably the application and results of the audit as well as lab results).

Control Union Canada

#103 – 173 Forester Street

V7H 0A6 North Vancouver, Canada

Responsible person: Luut Brink

Tel: +1 604 988 8484

Certified Traders

please click here to see the ENplus® certified traders and the ENplus® suspended traders

Soon you will be able to find here all the certified CANplus™ traders.