The Wood Pellet Association of Canada AGM and Conference is slated for November 27 and 28 in beautiful old Quebec City. This year’s gathering includes a tour, networking evening, conference, and supplier showcase. Housed in the stunning Chateau Laurier boutique hotel inside the walled city, the WPAC AGM and Conference preliminary agenda has been set.
We are trying to arrange a visit to the Cité Verte district heating system – an urban central heating system composed of four boilers using wood pellets for space and domestic water heating (see the Sept/Oct issue of Canadian Biomass for details). This wil be followed by a networking cocktail at the Chateau Laurier.
- Executive director’s report on 2012 accomplishments
- Update on research activites
- Eastern Canadian logistics study
- Joint Canadian co-firing study with CCPC
- Review of carbon balance project being conducted with European partners
- Review of European Initiative Wood Pellet Buyers activities
- Canadian coal power emissions regulation and implications for Canadian industrial market
- Review of Canadian domestic market
- Review of international markets
- Evolving European sustainability requirements
- Supplier showcase
- IMO fire extinguishing update
- Business plan for 2013
- Election of officers
We would like to give associate members an opportunity to give short (ten minute) presentations to promote their products and services to the producing members. We will have room in the agenda for six suppliers. If you are interested, please contact me. Note – this opportunity is limited to members only.
Hôtel Château Laurier Québec
1220 Place George-V ouest
Québec City (QC) G1R 5B8
Tel.: (418) 522-3848 #649
Fax: 418 648-9929
We have arranged a special room rate of $134. The confirmation number 10368 must be provided.
Registration and Cost
All those wishing to attend (including WPAC members) must register. The registration cost is$50.00 plus tax. To register please click here.