Registration is now open for the Wood Pellet Association of Canada’s Annual Conference and AGM.
This year’s theme is The Power of Pellets: Unlocking a World of Possibilities. The time has come for our sector to harness our collective energy and take centre stage in the bioeconomy conversation. Today, our sector has earned national and global respect for the important role of wood pellets in tackling climate change while providing responsible, renewable clean energy both domestically and nationally.
We will bring together thought leaders and experts from across the world to inspire and challenge our sector.
We will discuss:
- new ideas and emerging themes arising from the growing bioeconomy;
- the role of the pellet sector in supporting forest health and ecosystems;
- innovative approaches to addressing domestic energy needs with examples from the Arctic and Maritime regions;
- tackling the carbon controversy – from carbon pricing to the carbon debt to climate change; and
- shifting from safety research to action, an in-depth look at the learnings from implementation and what’s next for our sector.
The conference will be held at the Marriott Pinnacle Hotel in Downtown Vancouver, with the opening reception on the evening of Sept. 19 and ending Sept. 21 at 1 p.m., followed by the WPAC Annual General Meeting.
Find more information and register on the conference website.
This article was originally published by Canadian Biomass, a national media brand providing coverage of the emerging biomass, bioenergy and bio-products markets. See CanadianBiomassMagazine.ca for more information.